Dogsafe Canine First Aid 101 manual, paperback, 8.5" x 11" *SORRY, SOLD OUT!*
*** Sorry, we've sold out of paperbacks and since our supply comes from the USA, we cannot order in more stock until the USA-Canada border opens. :(:( Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org be put on a waitlist and we'll advise you once they are available. Thank you for your patience. ***
DOGSAFE: Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know in an Emergency is the student manual for our Dogsafe Canine First Aid 101 course. The comprehensive manual was researched and written by Dogsafe creator Michelle Sevigny, and reviewed by veterinarians, including Dr. James Lawson, Chief Animal Health Officer of the BC SPCA.
The 8.5" x 11" paperback manual contains 118 pages plus 56 real-life photographs, and you'll learn how to
- prevent common injuries
- conduct a head to tail assessment
- tell if your dog is experiencing pain
- recognize 4 signs of illness or injury
- respond to any emergency in 4 easy steps
- safely approach an injured dog
- take your dog's vital signs and 3 other health tests
- perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- perform artificial respiration
- remove an airway obstruction (choking)
- prevent and treat for shock
- control deadly bleeding
- respond to penetrating objects
- prevent and treat eye injuries
- prevent and treat abdominal wounds
- recognize risk factors and respond to bloat
- prevent and respond to drowning
- assess and respond to bone and joint injuries
- prevent and respond to poisonings
- prevent and respond to frostbite and hypothermia
- prevent and respond to heatstroke
- treat minor burns
- treat and manage wounds
- treat even more topics that are not specifically covered in the course -- a priceless manual for future reference.
PLUS, the course manual includes:
- a blank Vital Signs Checklist for keeping track of your dog's essential information,
- a blank Essential Phone Numbers List for you to complete with your local contacts
- a blank Canine Incident Report Form to document accurate info for future reference
BONUS: Twenty-eight sections are available for online reading in our Dogsafe 101 Regular version or the entire book is available in this paperback version and whichcontains even more topics that are not covered in our Dogsafe 101 course, including vomiting, skunk sprays, bee stings, nail injuries, ticks and more. A priceless resource for your future review.
NOTE: While this manual can be used as a stand-alone resource, it is best used within the Dogsafe Canine First Aid 101 course.
SHIPPING & Handling of $5.95 to Canada / $9.95 to USA will be added during checkout. Shipping and handling is calculated depending on which products you order, and if the shipping is not calculated, you will be sent a separate link for payment prior to shipping.