Dogsafe Canine First Aid 101 manual, PDF download
DOGSAFE: Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know in an Emergency is the student manual for our Dogsafe Canine First Aid 101 course and is now available in a downloadable PDF. The comprehensive manual was researched and written by Dogsafe creator Michelle Sevigny, and reviewed by veterinarians, including Dr. James Lawson, Chief Animal Health Officer of the BC SPCA.
NOTE: once order is completed, you will receive immediate access to download the PDF and will be able to download a maximum of two copies within 7 days of purchase.
The manual contains 118 pages plus 56 real-life photographs, and you'll learn how to
- prevent common injuries
- conduct a head to tail assessment
- tell if your dog is experiencing pain
- recognize 4 signs of illness or injury
- respond to any emergency in 4 steps
- safely approach an injured dog
- assess your dog's vital signs and 3 other critical health tests
- perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- perform artificial respiration
- remove an airway obstruction (choking)
- prevent and treat for shock
- control deadly bleeding
- respond to penetrating objects
- prevent and treat eye injuries
- prevent and treat abdominal wounds
- recognize risk factors and respond to bloat
- prevent and respond to drowning
- assess and respond to bone and joint injuries
- prevent and respond to poisonings
- prevent and respond to frostbite and hypothermia
- prevent and respond to heatstroke
- treat minor burns
- treat and manage wounds
- treat even more topics that are not covered specificallyin the course -- a priceless manual for future reference.
PLUS, the manual includes:
- a blank Vital Signs Checklist for keeping track of your dog's essential information,
- a blank Essential Phone Numbers List for you to complete with your local contacts
- a blank Canine Incident Report Form to document accurate info for future reference
NOTE: While this manual can be used as a stand-alone resource, it is best used along with the Dogsafe Canine First Aid 101 course curriculum.